Sunday, March 21, 2010

"Ho, hum" says THE Coach

An uneventful weekend of cycling as you can see from THE Coach's expression.  Yes my first reward ride in a while and this time it was just 22 kms around the bays of Iron Cove, Hen and Chicken Bay and Five Dock returning to the cafe beside the Iron Cove Bridge for the raisin toast (not bad) and coffee at The Cove, Drummoyne.  
Have been averaging 2 rides a week, only weekend rides at the moment as I can't seem to drag myself out of bed in the pitch dark to ride before school.  Perhaps I'll be a little more motivated after next weekend as there is a ride planned with Mary, Julie Anne, Catherine and THE Coach.  A 40 km ride - anyone else want to join me at the back of the pack???

As I don't have too much to report about riding around Sydney I thought I'd start introducing the Dordogne plans on the blog.  Our first stop after arriving from Paris by train will be to stay overnight in  the small town of Souillac.  Once we pick up our bikes and maps, I don't think there will be too much in Souillac to delay us before we begin our first day of cycling to Montignac.  Thought some of you might like to see the hotel where we'll be staying over night in Montignac so here it is.  The caves appear to be the main attraction in this area so I'm sure we'll find time to join the crowds below ground. 

So that's just the first day of our trip, only 30kms or so along some pretty back roads without too many hills. An easy beginning, we hope.

1 comment:

  1. Porters might be available for back of pack next weekend, depending on times/location, as we have a lunch fixture at Cronulla. B & G

    ReplyDelete